- Cut the required size mild steel piece with the help of hand hacksaw from the iron section.
- Prepare the edges of pieces to be welded.
- For more in detail please watch this Welding joint video
- Set the welding parameter like welding current, voltage, etc.
- Wear protective apron, goggles and hand glove.
- Keep the workpieces in butt joint position (1 mm away from each other), at the welding table.
- Ensure that the circuit is properly completed and earthing is done.
- Insert a coated stick electrode in the electrode holder and produce arc by striking the electrode with metallic surface of the welding table.
- Perform the tacking operation on both ends.
- Perform the butt welding operation.
- After welding, hold the workpiece with a tong and keep it on floor.
- Remove the slag with the help of a chipping hammer.
- Clean the workpiece with the help of a wire brush.